Independent Sacramental Movement Database Submission Policy
All submissions to the Independent Sacramental Movement Database (the Database) are the property of the Database. Accuracy of the submissions is not vetted at this time, but may be in the future. This data is granted to the Independent Sacramental Movement Database for its use in perpetuity.
Submissions to the Independent Sacramental Movement Database can be rejected or modified for any reason by the Independent Sacramental Movement Database staff.
Submissions must adhere to the following basic guidelines:
- All submissions for clergy must include a full name, address, city, state (if applicable), zip or postal code (if applicable), date of birth, ordination information to include date and ordaining clergy/bishop.
- All submissions of religious orders must include a web address, name, and short descriptions which list the church/jurisdiction the religious order falls under (if applicable).
- All submission for church entries must include the name of the church, address, city, state (if applicable), zip or postal code (if applicable), web address, email address, and phone number. Additionally, while not required, submission may include the pastor’s name and dates and times of services.
- All submissions for jurisdictions must include the name of the jurisdiction and web address.
- All photographs submitted for clergy entries must only show the clergy person. They cannot be advertisements for churches, parishes, jurisdictions, or religious orders.
- Submission containing more information than is standard for this site may be edited to remove none standard information.
- All submissions must be for clergy, churches, jurisdictions, and religious orders considered part of the Independent Sacramental Movement or its branches (ie. autocephalous orthodox, continuing Anglican, independent catholic, old catholic, etc.). Submissions from non-ISM individuals, churches, jurisdictions, and religious orders may be rejected.
- Partial submission may be rejected.
- Submission by individuals, churches, jurisdictions, and religious orders found to be fraudulent will be removed immediately.
- Submissions by individuals convicted or charged with a crime of a sexual nature with a minor will be removed at once. All other criminal pasts will be reviewed on a case by case basis and inclusion in the Database is subject to that ruling. Likewise, the Independent Sacramental Movement Database reserves the right to note any criminal history in a listing for the protection of the general public.
- Submissions to the Historical section of the Independent Sacramental Movement Database are bound by these same policies and shall reflect a neutral view of the subject. No article on a historical figure will be published that seeks to push a person bias against said person.
- Any submission by a jurisdiction, church, individual, or organization that is linked to, promotes, or advocates for Neo-Nazis, White Supremacist, or any other hate group or engages in hate speech will be removed and banned for life.
- Any threats against the staff or database to include threats of withholding support will result in the immediate removal of all listings about or by the individual making said threats.
- Data submitted to the Database is exempt from GDPR under various exemptions (freedom of information, the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, and for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes).
By using this site and submitting information to this site you agree to this policy and are bound by it for the lifetime of this site. This policy may be updated as necessary with or without notification to the user.