First Hierarch(Primate), The Russian Orthodox Church in America
Work 1105 West Deming Street Roswell NM 88203 work
Work Phone: 303-731-3125work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
- B.S. – Religion, Religious Education
- M.Psych. – Pastoral Counseling
- M.A. – Church Music
- Ll.D. – Canon Law
- Ph.D. – Scriptural Studies
- Monastic Profession, by Archimandrit PAUL+ (Tsoulgou)
- Presbyter/Priest, Sept. 1975, by +DAVID (Fisher).
- Bishop, Nov. 1983, by Patriarch +MARKOS of Alexandria (Exiliar Patriarchate), Patriarch +DIODORUS I of Jerusalem, and Abp. +NATALINO of Venetia.
- Metropolitan Exarch of the Alexandrian Orthodox Exarchate of the West 1983 to 1987
Sub Conditional Ordinations and Professions
- Monk of the Small Schema, 1987, Metropolitan +DENIS (Garrison)
- Bishop, sub cond., June 1988, by +PAUL (Dolan), +VLADIMIR (Sehorn), +ALBERT (Rosevich) and Metropolitan +DENIS (Garrison)
- Primate and Patriarch of North America, June 1989 elected and enthroned by the same Synod of Bishops, meeting in Columbia, SC hosted by +VLADIMIR
- Monk of the Great Schema, 1996, by Metropolitan +VLADIMIR (Sehorn)
Metropolitan +SYMEON is Autocephalous Orthodox and turned down SCOBA membership in 1965, although he and his Church, the Russian Orthodox Church in America, do not consider their Church independent in the usual sense of the word. However, Metropolitan +SYMEON and his predecessors and fellow bishops have usually been very helpful and favorably inclined to independent Bishops and their jurisdictions.
Categories: Current Bishops
Updated 10 months ago.